username/password prompting recognition - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

username/password prompting recognition (wodSSH / wodSSH.NET)

by birchsr, Wednesday, April 16, 2008, 14:08 (5846 days ago)

Hi there,

Ive been using the wodSSH module (VB6) with reasonable sucess for a couple of months now on a commercial program which is being shipped to many of my customers. I have a problem with 1 client, which i need a little help with, as i cant figure this one out!

basically, he's using telnet instead of SSH, and using DOS telnet he can access his *nix system fine on the PC in question, however wodSSH times out - just doesnt connect. it is not command prompt recognition, because it would fail later on within a login loop i have created (essentially a wrapper arround the recieve method).

the exact line on which the failure occurs is on .connect

could you tell me how the username and password questioning when initiating a connection is handled : does it trigger via regexp searching, or something else? does it expect defined keywords (i.e. login as: or login: ), and if so, can these keywords be changed, or is there some other way in which the initial give me your username question is handled?

I dont have the details yet on what the username prompting looks like yet, but i have a feeling it's non-standard, hence i'm opening this line of question now, just so i know where to go, should it proove so.

birchsr.

Complete thread: