Re: Working with SSL certificates - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Re: Working with SSL certificates (General questions)

by ed, Tuesday, October 12, 2004, 21:10 (7128 days ago) @ wodSupport

I'm also evaluating this software for use in our company. The product will be used as an all-around secure/ftp client for communicating with different organizations.

Please pardon my ignorance as I am not very familiar with the whole certificates issue.

I setup OpenSSH on a Linux machine. I was able to SFTP into the linux machine (no password) using the LoadKey method of the Certificate object. Where do certificates fit into all of this(how do I test)?

For a client application, would I need to use the Load method? A separate application will generate keys and certificates(if needed).

Is there a misprint on the wodCertificate.chm on the Export method. The Description says: Exports PKCS#12 file that holds certificate and public key . But on the remarks section: ...that will hold both certificate information and your private key...

So far, I'm testing with for ProtocolsEnum.SFTP. Any suggestions on how to setup a server for FTPSnodata, FTPSwithdata and FTPSimplicit?

Does FTPSnodata, FTPSwithdata and FTPSimplicit also deal with privatekey/certificates?

Complete thread: