wodVPN - No Ip address for vpn adapter - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

wodVPN - No Ip address for vpn adapter (General questions)

by jsnip4, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 15:44 (3310 days ago)

When I use your sample VB.Net project on 2 remote computers, I am able to get them to connect and send text messages back and forth, but I do not see an IP address being assigned for either of those computer's vpn adapter.

I gave them both a static IP address: 22.22.22.1 and 22.22.22.2. When I connect, it is still successful but I cannot ping either of those IP addresses from the other computer.

How is it that I am able to connect and send text messages but I cannot ping those IP addresses from each computer? (Windows firewall is off for both of the PCs)

Also, if I leave those vpn adapters set to dhcp, they always have the typical 169.254.x.x address and even then, I can still connect and send text messages, but I cannot ping each computer from the other. I also cannot ping the WAN ip address on each of these PC's routers. The WAN IPs are what I am using in the settings to connect the computers to each other so I know that is correct because it works.

I'm trying to use remote desktop or UltraVNC but I can't understand how this is working without any IP addresses. The only thing I am allowed to do right now is connect and send text messages.

I am using the trial verison of your software.

Complete thread: