wodTelnetDLX is a telnet client component ready to connect
to various terminal based clients, most commonly to UNIX telnet
daemon. Besides supported Telnet protocol, it also
supports secured communication (through encryption) using well
known SSH (SSH1 and SSH2 are supported), as well as
SSL/TLS (Secure Socket Layer protocol).
ActiveX version of the component has its own Terminal GUI
(Graphic user interface) that supports VT100 and Linux
emulations - so you can run your favorite UNIX tools with no
need for 3rd party extensions - only with wodTelnetDLX.
Screenshot (of GUI version):
Main features include:
- Supports Telnet, SSH1, SSH2, SSHAuto, SSL, SSLTelnet and Raw
- Includes both COM Component version and ActiveX Control in
- Has its own Terminal client GUI (only ActiveX version)
- ZMODEM file uploads and downloads
- Implements VT100 emulation and Linux emulation (only ActiveX
- Supports NTLM Telnet authentication
- Allows usage of graphics characters
- Supports 'slave printing' directly from applications
you run on the server
- Has blocking mode for scripting clients (only COM version),
as well as non-blocking mode (both versions)
- Supports negotiation for auto determining SSH1/SSH2
- Automatically upgrades Telnet session to SSL if available
- Connects with ease even with secured WEB servers.
- Includes Certificate Management Component - you can use
OpenSSL as well as MS CertificateStore certificates
- Automatically sends login and password if specified
- Fires events when data is received, or key (even special) is
- Allows you to set and retrieve current cursor position
- Allows transparent use of any of supported protocol. Change
one property - leave other code the same!
- and more...
All protocols - one interface
Very similar to our wodSSH component - wodTelnetDLX brings
you client implementation for most important telnet-based
clients used today - with same interface for all of them. With
one small change in your code (Protocol property), you can
switch to secured protocol from just by reconnecting!
Everything else is the same - interface, behavior, events
How to use it?
Using wodTelnetDLX is really easy - set Hostname and
Protocol (Telnet is set as default), and issue Connect method.
Once connected, wodTelnetDLX will fire Connected event and you
can start sending and receiving data. Each time data is
received by the component, Received event is fired where you
can read data and print it to screen, store it, evaluate, issue
new commands etc.
Secured communication is implemented using SSH protocols (both
SSH1 and SSH2) and SSL/TLS implementation. You can use enclosed
'Certificate Management' component to select
certificate/private key to connect to server without need to
remember any passwords - if your server supports this. It
supports both RSA and DSA private keys, as well as installed
certificates that hold these keys, through Certificate
Works inside unattended scripts
When working in Blocking mode (COM version only),
wodTelnetDLX will block its execution until issued command is
fully performed. For example, if you call Receive method and
there is no data available, it will hold execution until data
is received from the server, or throw Timeout error after
timeout value expires - where you can send new commands..
Prompt property is also provided - where you can specify
expected prompt string sent by the client. If set, wodTelnetDLX
will fire PromptReceived event will be fired each time prompt
is received - a perfect place to send new commands to the
Using RAW mode, you can connect to various character-based
servers, such as POP3 or SMTP. They are encrypted? POP3/S or
SMTP/S? No problem - switch to SSL mode and do everything the
same as before. You will see no change, let wodTelnetDLX handle
wodTelnetDLX is tested to work properly in VB, VC and ASP, and
as our other components integrates to Delphi very nicely. Make
sure you check it out...
Wait no more - communicate securely (if you aren't