PutFile Permission Denied - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

PutFile Permission Denied (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by DNixon, Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 15:53 (3684 days ago)

We have been using wodSFTP for years transferring files to many different customer systems. However, we have a new customer and we are getting a Permission Denied error on a PutFile blocking call and the file is not transferred. Using the Bitvise SSH client we also get a permission denied error, but the file is transferred.

In researching the problem it looks like it is common to perform a setstat on the remote file following a file put. This customer does not allow the following sftp commands: setstat, fsetstat, readlink, symlink, or extended.

I have seen that other libraries allow you to disable the setstat on a file put to work around this problem.

PutFile Permission Denied

by wodSupport, Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 15:57 (3684 days ago) @ DNixon

Hi.

This problem sounds familiar, I think we have already had some work related to this. What product are you exactly using (ActiveX or .NET)? Which version? I think it was fixed, to blindly attempt the upload even STAT failed.

If you're not using latest version, can you update it and try again?

Regards,
Kreso

by DNixon, Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 16:57 (3684 days ago) @ wodSupport

We are using .NET v3.4.1.102

by DNixon, Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 17:58 (3684 days ago) @ DNixon

The latest version 3.4.6.117 appears to work - thanks

by wodSupport, Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 17:59 (3684 days ago) @ DNixon

Hi.

Since I can't duplicate this now, can you please try with latest version? I see some changes with GLobalScape in recent versions, perhaps this was affected too.

Kreso

by wodSupport, Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 17:59 (3684 days ago) @ wodSupport

:) We wrote in the same time.

Excellent! I'm glad it works.

Kreso