Missing filenames from ListDir() - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Missing filenames from ListDir() (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by Brian, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 17:46 (4755 days ago)

We use the FTPDlx Library in a windows service to download medical files from a remote FTP site to a local machine. One of our FTP sites is within the clients network, and is setup to use just standard FTP (not secure). For some reason when we request a list of filenames from that client a couple of files are not included in the returned list. The client has confirmed that there are no differences in the security for the files that don't appear in the list. Most files are in the list, just occasionally a couple are not.

I can tell that the files are actually on the FTP site by connecting and looking with FileZilla.

I'm using the ListDir(sPath) method. Blocking = true.

For example from Filezilla I see:
M1721379.HL7
M2929218.HL7
H4539410.HL7
H5039879.HL7

The list I get from ListDir has all the filenames except the top two...

Re: Missing filenames from ListDir()

by woddrazen, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 17:50 (4755 days ago) @ Brian

Hi Brian,

What happens if you try with other directory format types inside wodFtpDLX DirFormat Property? Does it work like that maybe?

If problem persist, which version of wodFtpDLX you are using and which server? You can check version using wodFtpDLX Version Property.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

by Brian, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 18:57 (4755 days ago) @ woddrazen

I checked with the client, and the FTP server is Microsoft FTP (ver 5.0). I tried changing the DirFormat (was auto) to both Unix and Windows and that didn't help.

We are using version 1.0.9.18

Then I downloaded the latest trial version and hacked the TreeView sample (changed it to use Blocking) and it successfully sees those files.

I didn't see anything that looked related in the release notes from our version, but since the newest one seems to work, I think I'll ask my boss to ok upgrading to the latest version.

Hi Brian,

What happens if you try with other directory format types inside wodFtpDLX DirFormat Property? Does it work like that maybe?

If problem persist, which version of wodFtpDLX you are using and which server? You can check version using wodFtpDLX Version Property.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

by woddrazen, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 19:01 (4755 days ago) @ Brian

Brian,

We are glad to hear that it works with latest version.

If you find any problem using our component, let us know and we will try to help you.

Drazen