Telnet negotiation. - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Telnet negotiation. (wodSSH / wodSSH.NET)

by Leonid, Tuesday, November 02, 2010, 09:52 (4895 days ago)

Hello
I'm testing SSH.NET these days, and I was wondering what happens when setting the SSH.Rows/SSH.Columns to a value in which the device refuses.
Will it reset the value back to it's previous value ?
The same is for TerminalType, what will happen if the device refuse to accept a certain string ?

I think we are missing the negotiation event, so we can manually decide how to handle this.

Other than that, your component is amazing, and very easy to work with.
Kind regards,
Leonid

Re: Telnet negotiation.

by wodDamir, Tuesday, November 02, 2010, 11:27 (4895 days ago) @ Leonid

Hi,

Values of such properties won't reset back. The only way to know if changes were accepted is by seeing the output.

However, I'll check with our lead developer if we can implement a way of detecting this.

We'll inform you as soon as we know more.

Regards,
Damba

by Leonid, Tuesday, November 02, 2010, 18:00 (4895 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hi Damba,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Can you please explain what do you mean seeing the output ?
If i will read the properties a few seconds after setting them, will i see the accepted values ?

Kind regards.
Leonid

Hi,

Values of such properties won't reset back. The only way to know if changes were accepted is by seeing the output.

However, I'll check with our lead developer if we can implement a way of detecting this.

We'll inform you as soon as we know more.

Regards,
Damba

by wodSupport, Tuesday, November 02, 2010, 23:48 (4894 days ago) @ Leonid

Leonid,

hi. I did some tests and tried to figure out how to accomplish what you need.. And i have no idea :) In Telnet protocol, I could give you a way to intercept telnet negotiation options, but it doesn't help you much. For example, if you try to send row/col to some really large value upon connect, and server refuses - what does it give you? There's no Default value for it..
In SSH protocol there is no way to provide it anyway, so we're stuck here.

I had an idea - to use ANSI sequences to send ESC[6n to let server report cursor position back.. Unfortunately it works from host to VT100 terminal, not the vice versa..

If you have any suggestions, I'll be glad to hear it.

Kind regards,
Kreso