Unable to connect to host using FTPSwithData and X - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Unable to connect to host using FTPSwithData and X (wodFtpDLX / wodFtpDLX.NET)

by blitzy, Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 17:38 (4902 days ago)

Hello,

We have been using wodFtpDLX.NET v1.1.7.62 for many years now with no issue. Recently we had a server failure and had to move to a Windows Server 2008 machine.

Since then, we cannot cannot to one of our ftp hosts using FTPSwithData and the X509 certificate supplied by that host. The error returned upon Ftp.Connect is The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.

[code]
Dim Ftp As New WeOnlyDo.Client.FtpDLX
Dim Certificate As X509Certificates.X509Certificate2

Ftp.Protocol = Protocols.FTPSwithdata

Certificate = New X509Certificates.X509Certificate2
Certificate.Import(CertificatePath, CertificatePassword, X509KeyStorageFlags.Exportable)
Ftp.Authentication = Authentications.Certificate
Ftp.Certificate = Certificate

Ftp.Hostname = HostName
Ftp.Login = UserName
Ftp.Password = Password
Ftp.Blocking = True
Ftp.Connect()
[/code]

The code for our Windows service has not changed. This service also connects to another host and is able to upload/download files fine. It's only for the host using the certificate that we have problems. We have tried using WS_FTP on the same server to connect to this host using the certificate without any problems.

Can someone please help? Otherwise, we have to continue to upload/download files manually.

Re: Unable to connect to host using FTPSwithData a

by wodDamir, Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 17:45 (4902 days ago) @ blitzy

Hi,

I can't tell exactly why this error occurs without connecting to the server. However, the version that you are using is *REALLY* old, from 2007.

I would strongly suggest that you try out the latest version of the component and see if that solves the problem.

Note, please make a backup of the licensed dll's before updating.

Regards,
Damba

by blitzy, Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 17:15 (4901 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hi,
I would strongly suggest that you try out the latest version of the component and see if that solves the problem.

Per your suggestion, I tested our code with the latest version of the component and still came across the same issue: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.

by woddrazen, Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 17:44 (4901 days ago) @ blitzy

Hi,

Are you sure that you are using same settings in wodFtpDLX.NET and WS_FTP? Did you try with other protocol types in wodFtpDLX.NET?

Is there any chance you can send us log from WS_FTP client from successful connection to that server with certificate? Also, did you maybe try any other FTPS client like FileZilla or FTP Voyager? Does it work with them also?

You can also send us DebugFile Property output from wodFtpDLX.NET. You can send your private information to techsupport@weonlydo.com

Here is example how to add DebugFile Property to your code
[code]WeOnlyDo.Client.Ftp.Debug.Log.DebugFile = C:\debug.txt [/code]
Drazen

by blitzy, Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 23:30 (4901 days ago) @ woddrazen

I sent a copy of the debug file to the e-mail you provided. I've also verified the settings in WS_FTP and our code; they are similar.