Chaning session time out per user. - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Chaning session time out per user. (wodHttpDLX)

by amirsky, Monday, August 16, 2010, 12:05 (5000 days ago)

Hi,

We currently have all user sessions time out after 900 sec of inactivity. However we want to allow the user to make the session unending (as long as they have a cookie).

you see on most pages that the login has a checkbox keep logged in . We basically want to add this. The question is, how do we set a user session to be unlimited (with default 900 sec) that is a user to user basis (not global)?

Thanks

Re: Chaning session time out per user.

by wodDamir, Monday, August 16, 2010, 14:48 (5000 days ago) @ amirsky

Hi,

Why don't you simply add another SeeesioVar for the user, which would store date/time he logged in, and when he submits request, check that SessionVar?

If the value is correct, proceed, otherwise ask user to re-login.

Regards,
Damba

by amirsky, Sunday, September 19, 2010, 23:24 (4966 days ago) @ wodDamir

I tried your suggestion but encountered a problem. For some reason sessions only last 10 minutes exactly! I want sessions to be 'infinite' and my code manually manages if login. But I've noticed that the session vars are gone after exactly ten minutes (tested on IE and Firefox).

I set timeout to 0 and removed any reference to sessiontimeout. Is there some hidden default value? How do I ensure sessiontimeout is infinite ?

Where is this 10 minute limit coming from?

Help...

by wodDamir, Monday, September 20, 2010, 00:09 (4966 days ago) @ amirsky

Hi,

What if you set SessionTimeout property to 0?

Also, is there any chance we can duplicate this? Can you perhaps send us a sample we could use to reproduce this behaviour?

If so, please send it to techsupport@weonlydo.com

Regards,
Damba

by amirsky, Monday, September 20, 2010, 20:32 (4965 days ago) @ wodDamir

I do nothing out of the ordinary. I set timeout = 0 do not define sessiontime, bind the ip and port and start.

Is the session time stored as a session var? If so what is the name and value type? Maybe I can just edit that myself to prevent hte session from ending.

by wodDamir, Monday, September 20, 2010, 21:20 (4965 days ago) @ amirsky

Hi,

You mentioned that you tried not setting it at all. However, what happens if you set it to 0?

Regards,
Damba

by amirsky, Monday, September 20, 2010, 21:35 (4965 days ago) @ wodDamir

If you set it to zero the session dies as soon as it starts.

by wodDamir, Monday, September 20, 2010, 23:53 (4965 days ago) @ amirsky

Hi,

You mentioned that SessionVar collection is cleared after exactly 10 min. How exactly do you check this?

Can you send me the code you're using to techsupport@weonlydo.com ?

Regards,
Damba