Configur webserver entirely from WEB - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Configur webserver entirely from WEB (wodWebServer / wodWebServer.NET)

by cool, Sunday, May 09, 2010, 11:04 (5094 days ago)

How can i implement Configuration entirely from WEB interface?

Re: Configur webserver entirely from WEB

by woddrazen, Sunday, May 09, 2010, 12:44 (5094 days ago) @ cool

Hi,

In order to deal with your request we will need more information about it.

Can you maybe give us more info which configuration you want to implement in wodWebServer and on which way you want to do that?

Regards,
Drazen

by smith, Sunday, May 09, 2010, 12:57 (5094 days ago) @ woddrazen

Hi,

In order to deal with your request we will need more information about it.

Can you maybe give us more info which configuration you want to implement in wodWebServer and on which way you want to do that?

Regards,
Drazen

I am developing an webpage that i'd like to use to configure the server setting that i'll create are:

configure webserver from web
Mapping Settings (Documents):
Mapping Settings (Redirect):
Mapping Settings (CGI):
Mapping Settings (Associations):
Mapping Settings (MIME Types):
User Settings:
Groups Settings:
Access Control Settings:
Directory Listing Settings:
Logging Settings:

any ideas?

thanks for replying

by woddrazen, Sunday, May 09, 2010, 19:44 (5094 days ago) @ smith

Smith,

I suppose you want to have some administration that you can use to configure your web server.

You can add those settings for example in some file and read those values in wodWebServer code.

Maybe it's best that you download wodWebServer and try it out. You have 30 days trial period and samples are included. You can find samples in component Samples folder.

Drazen

by smith, Sunday, May 09, 2010, 20:18 (5094 days ago) @ woddrazen

Smith,

I suppose you want to have some administration that you can use to configure your web server.

You can add those settings for example in some file and read those values in wodWebServer code.

Maybe it's best that you download and try it out. You have 30 days trial period and samples are included. You can find samples in component Samples folder.

Drazen

I already downloaded wodWebServer
The examples a very basic, and does not feature the power of the software

can you suggest some tips as to how i can implement the features i asked of above, am using vb6 thanks

by woddrazen, Monday, May 10, 2010, 00:51 (5094 days ago) @ smith

Smith,

wodWebServer has Events. When some action is preformed by client wodWebServer Event for that action is fired.

For example when client connects to server and authentication is used UserAuthenticate Event is fired.

Inside you can allow some users to authenticate with server and deny others.
[code]If User.Login = some_value1 And User.Password = some_value2 Then
Action = Allow
Else
Action = Deny
End If[/code]
You can use direct values inside your code that will allow users to authenticate with server or you can read it from file, database ...

So when UserAuthenticate Event is started you can read some_value1 and some_value2 from some file and use it in wodWebServer code for Login and Password value.

That file can be changed at any time and for using it you can uploaded it to proper place on server. Is there any chance you can try something like that?

Drazen