This website wants to run the following add-on: ' - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

This website wants to run the following add-on: ' (wodWebServer / wodWebServer.NET)

by Robotuner, Monday, July 13, 2009, 03:11 (5399 days ago)

Every time I refresh a page or go to a new site I get the pop-up message blocker above. How do I determine who wants to add it and what for? I presume that it isn't WeOnlyDo that is trying to install it, but someone who has licensed their product.

Can some tell me how to locate/disable the application that is trying to install it whenever I change my webpage url?

Re: This website wants to run the following add-on

by wodSupport, Monday, July 13, 2009, 08:48 (5399 days ago) @ Robotuner

Hi. Which add-on? It could be only windows media player since helpfile sometimes wants to play sounds.

I can guarantee our website doesn't contain any 3rd party addons, so if it's not media player then your IE could be infected.

Regards,
Kreso

by Robotuner, Monday, July 13, 2009, 14:43 (5398 days ago) @ wodSupport

Hi. Which add-on? It could be only windows media player since helpfile sometimes wants to play sounds.

I can guarantee our website doesn't contain any 3rd party addons, so if it's not media player then your IE could be infected.

Regards,
Kreso

by Robotuner, Monday, July 13, 2009, 14:44 (5398 days ago) @ Robotuner

Regards,
Kreso

Aside from the infected with what ? is there a way of telling if media player already has it installed? is there a way of telling what application is using/calling it? is it typically installed local to the application or is it placed in the global cache? Anything else you can tell me would be appreciated, I'm wondering if my IE has been infected. This has only occurred since I have upgraded to IE8 or since I have set up a twitter account. Did both about the same time this started.

by wodSupport, Monday, July 13, 2009, 14:46 (5398 days ago) @ Robotuner

Yes, I believe this is IE8 feature. I personally do see same yellow bar.

Kreso