Host Certificate with ASP - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Host Certificate with ASP (wodFtpDLX / wodFtpDLX.NET)

by Jake, Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 00:43 (5427 days ago)

The server I am trying to connect to recently changed their server certificate. Since the change I have been unable to connect with the ASP script I have written.

I have added the method HostCertificate to the withVBScode.html sample file. The following errors are reported in the ErrorText:
- Unable to get issuer certificate locally.
- Certificate not trusted.
- Unable to verify the first certificate.

After receiving those errors I receive a time out error during a directory listing request.

How do I review and accept the new certificate using ASP classic? Currently I am using version 2.7.3 of the wodFtpDLX component.

Thank you,
Jake

Re: Host Certificate with ASP

by wodDamir, Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 08:46 (5427 days ago) @ Jake

Hi Jake,

Did you try setting Accept property to true even if there are errors in HostCertificate event?

Also, can you please try the latest version? The one you are using is very old, from 2007.

Regards,
Damba

by Jake, Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:26 (5427 days ago) @ wodDamir

I have updated to the latest version and still receiving the same error.

How can I set the Accept property to true when it is only exposed in the event which cannot be captured in classic ASP? Do I need to write a class to take advantage of this object?

Thanks,
Jake

by Jake, Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 19:39 (5426 days ago) @ Jake

And am I missing something or is the property LicenseKey suddenly missing from the latest version?

by woddrazen, Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 19:40 (5426 days ago) @ Jake

Jake,

Events will not work in ASP but from your replies I see that you are using withVBScode.html sample. This is actually HTML sample.

In HTML VBscript code will not work with Events but Javascript will work.

Why don't you try withJScriptCode.html this is HTML Javascript sample and Events should work there.

Drazen

by Jake, Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 19:55 (5426 days ago) @ woddrazen

Drazen,

Is there no way to accept a new host certificate with ASP? I only used the withVBScode.html to test the functionality. The only production use of your object is currently in ASP classic.

Jake

by woddrazen, Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 21:14 (5426 days ago) @ Jake

Jake,

New server certificate should be accepted in wodFtpDLX automatically. I don't think this is issue here.

Are you able to connect to that server with some other FTP client maybe?

Is there any chance that we can connect there and duplicate your problem?

You can send your private information to techsupport@weonlydo.com

Drazen

by Jake, Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 22:08 (5426 days ago) @ woddrazen

Connecting to the server using CuteFTP has been no problem. The problem I am seeing is that requesting a directory listing has begun timing out every time. This is the only server that I am having this problem and I am able to connect to this server using other clients.

Please consider this information and if we still have no resolution, I will send you my FTP scripts that are failing.

Thanks,
Jake

by woddrazen, Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 22:58 (5426 days ago) @ Jake

Jake,

You can try to set Passive Property to True/False, ListParams to before Connect Method.

Maybe that will help. If problem persist we would very appreciate if we can connect to that server and duplicate problem.

Drazen

by Jake, Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 18:05 (5425 days ago) @ woddrazen

Support,

I have emailed the code and server information to you. Thank you for your help. I look forward to the resolution.

Jake