wodSSH and non-western locale PC's - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

wodSSH and non-western locale PC's (wodSSH / wodSSH.NET)

by birchsr, Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:21 (5693 days ago)

Quick question,

have you tested, or are you aware of any issues with a VB6 app using wodSSH on non-western locale PC's and UNIX systems i.e. Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc.

The reason i ask is i have an application which, in terms of SSH, is rock-solid on european clients, but i'm getting some odd results with far eastern locales. for example, one of my programs issues the following unix command :

cat Tempfile | wc -l

quite simply, from this command i should get a number back telling me the line count of 'Tempfile', but on one system the wc command fails (dont even ask me to try and decypher the error!). Given that wc is industry standard, including the '-l' option, i'm wondering if there's some sort of transmission error between PC and UNIX system misinterpreting the '-l' option (the error, although i cant read it, is compalining about wc, but as it's a AIX 5.2 box, i know my command is sane), i just want some clarification that wodSSH should still be fine on double-byte PC and UNIX systems.

probably is, but it doesnt hurt to ask :)

Re: wodSSH and non-western locale PC's

by woddrazen, Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:31 (5693 days ago) @ birchsr

Hi Steve,

Did you maybe try to send same command using some other SSH client, like Putty for example? What happened?

Also please make sure that you are using latest 2.6.8 version of wodSSH.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen