akamai sites time out - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

akamai sites time out (wodSSH / wodSSH.NET)

by caden, Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 18:23 (5792 days ago)

This is a major issue for us

Using the software when we set up a TCP Forwarded connections to an http-proxy server on the same host (squid, v2.5) result in hung traffic on akamai redirected sites (example: http://www.facebook.com) winds up timing out.

Here's a list of the testing we have done

SSH Lib + Port Forward + Squid = No work (no errors, just the pages hang when testing in a browser)

SSH Lib + Port Forward + (No Squid) = Work

Putty + Port Forward + Squid = Work

Putty + Port Forward + (No Squid) = Work

Why does this library not work correctly with Squid? I'm in a limbo state right now where I feel if I ask a Squid forum I'll be told it is the C# Lib, if I ask the C# Lib I'll be told it is a Squid problem.

Has anyone ever encountered this issue? It is blocking us from choosing this library, we may wind up defaulting on a C++ lib instead.

Re: akamai sites time out

by wodDamir, Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 22:36 (5791 days ago) @ caden

Hi Caden,

Can you be more specific? Which component are you using, wodSSH.Net or wodSSH ActiveX?

Also, what version are you using?

Regards,
Damba

by caden, Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 22:45 (5791 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hi Caden,

Can you be more specific? Which component are you using, wodSSH.Net or wodSSH ActiveX?

Also, what version are you using?

Regards,
Damba

Hey Damba, thank you for the fast reply

We have tested using the latest downloadable version of wodSSH.Net (we started this about two weeks ago). The application is very basic at the moment, it creates a SSH connection (to a server running open ssh) then sets up a single port forward.

It is a bizarre issue and very difficult to track down what the problem might be.

by wodDamir, Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 22:47 (5791 days ago) @ caden

Caden,

Did you perhaps try the PortForward sample that comes with the component?

Regards,
Damba

by caden, Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 23:08 (5791 days ago) @ wodDamir

Caden,

Did you perhaps try the PortForward sample that comes with the component?

Regards,
Damba

Is that part of this url:
http://www.weonlydo.com/Samples/wodSSH.NET.msi

If so I'll send it through QA to verify that they've tested it

by wodDamir, Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 23:31 (5791 days ago) @ caden

Caden,

Yes, there is a sample written in C# that does port forwarding. If you would be so kind to try it out, that would be great.

This would also be good since that way we could isolate this possibility of being a coding issue.

One more note. Since you're saying the component hangs, do you use blocking mode (Blocking property set to true)? If that's the case, then you need to make sure that you don't use any methods from inside the events.

Regards,
Damba

by caden, Thursday, June 12, 2008, 17:56 (5791 days ago) @ wodDamir

Caden,

Yes, there is a sample written in C# that does port forwarding. If you would be so kind to try it out, that would be great.

This would also be good since that way we could isolate this possibility of being a coding issue.

One more note. Since you're saying the component hangs, do you use blocking mode (Blocking property set to true)? If that's the case, then you need to make sure that you don't use any methods from inside the events.

Regards,
Damba

The sample crashes when we run it through QA

Connect to SSH - Works
Set up Port Forward - Works
Configure browser for port - Works
Run browser - Crashes app

Is the example only configured to work for a specific process? Is there a way to modify it so we can test our system?

by woddrazen, Thursday, June 12, 2008, 23:51 (5790 days ago) @ caden

Hi Caden,

Is there any chance that we could connect to your Squid server? You can send you private information to techsupport@weonlydo.com

Also can you please show us your code snippet? We will need code where you make connection with server and add port forwarding to wodSSH.NET:

Drazen