OutOfMemory error - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

OutOfMemory error (wodSSH / wodSSH.NET)

by lizs, Saturday, December 22, 2007, 00:27 (5942 days ago)

I've put the WeOnlyDo.Client.SSH.dll file into the bin directory of my .NET 2.0 application, and now I am getting the following error when I try to log in. I haven't even gotten to the page where I'll be using the SSH yet.

Has anyone seen this before? I've searched your knowledgebase and forums and don't see anything. Thanks!

[OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.]
System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.InitializeStatic() +2396184
System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.Create(String username, Boolean isAuthenticated) +43
System.Web.HttpContext.get_Profile() +92
MyRegistrationForm.Web.Admin.MainPage.get_Profile()

Re: OutOfMemory error

by wodSupport, Saturday, December 22, 2007, 00:52 (5942 days ago) @ lizs

Hi. Are you sure this is related to wodSSH? I don't see it anywhere on the stack. Looks like you get the error when you read from configuration file.

Kreso

by lizs, Saturday, December 22, 2007, 00:57 (5942 days ago) @ wodSupport

Thanks for your reply. If I remove wodSSH from my bin directory, then I don't get the error and my app functions normally. I've been developing the app for a while now and only saw this error when I added wodSSH. Like I said, if I delete it, everything runs fine. Is there something else I need to install maybe?

by wodSupport, Saturday, December 22, 2007, 00:59 (5942 days ago) @ lizs

Well, in that case you have to add more debugging info and try to obtain exact line where it fails, together with possibly arguments that were used.

Kreso

by lizs, Saturday, December 22, 2007, 01:29 (5942 days ago) @ wodSupport

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, I haven't actually instantiated wodSSH yet, so there isn't much 'debugging' I can do at this point. I'm using the .NET SqlProfileProvider and SqlMembershipManagerproviders. The OutOfMemory exception is being thrown at the line of code where ProfileCommon.Current is being called to return the user's current profile. My first guess is that wodSSH is doing some initialization of its own that is using up the memory so that there isn't enough for .NET to run properly.

Has anyone else used wodSSH in an app with the SqlProfileProvider and SqlMembershipManager?