VirtualFile isn't downloading - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

VirtualFile isn't downloading (wodFTPServer)

by schliefdot, Friday, October 05, 2007, 21:19 (6019 days ago)

I can't seen to get the VirtualFile to allow a file to download. A couple of things.

1) This is VB.NET project caring a Windows Service.
2) I am using Implements wodFTPDComLib.IwodFTPDNotify , so all the sub are defined

I am performing all the VirtualFiles definition in the LoginPassword sub like so:

User.VirtualFiles.AddFile( / & xCompany.getAttribute( Name ), xFile.getAttribute( Name ), dConfig.Item( FileStore ) & xFile.getAttribute( Name ) & .zip )

...where xCompany & xFile are xml structures.

Even when I do a simple

User.VirtualFiles.AddFile( /Folder , TextFile.txt , D:TextFile.txt )

...it won't download the file.

The files show up properly in the directory structure (even the right date and size), but it always returns a 500 No such file in the response.

I am using wodFTPDCom Version : 2.3.2.151

Re: VirtualFile isn't downloading

by wodDamir, Friday, October 05, 2007, 22:07 (6019 days ago) @ schliefdot

Hi,

I tried to reproduce this, but it works correctly on my side. Could you try moving that code from LoginPassword Event to Connected Event?

Can you perhaps try our VB6 sample 7. Fast notification interface and add the AddFile call? Does it work?

Could you create a Windows Application and try it that way? Does the same issue occur?

Maybe you could write me a small sample which I could run on my side in order to duplicate the issue? If you could do that it would be great. In that case, you can send a sample to techsupport@weonlydo.com

Regards,
Damba

by schliefdot, Wednesday, November 07, 2007, 17:42 (5986 days ago) @ wodDamir

So I tried to the Sample #7 and it works fine...and I can't really make it a Windows App (easily).

When I write to the event log what the Relative Path and the Resolve Path, this is what I get

WriteEvent( ListDir: RelativePath: & RelativePath)
->
ListDir: RelativePath: /My Files

WriteEvent( ListDir: ResolvedPath: & ResolvedPath)
->
ListDir: ResolvedPath: D:InetPubSFTP_ServerServiceRootUserMy FilesIniFile.zip

Yet, I had called

User.VirtualFiles.AddFile( / & xCompany.getAttribute( Name ), xFile.getAttribute( Name ), dConfig.Item( FileStore ) & xFile.getAttribute( SN ) & .zip )

Where xCompany.getAttribute( Name ) = My Files ,
xFile.getAttribute( Name ) = IniFile.zip ,
dConfig.Item( FileStore ) = D:InetpubSFTP_ServerServiceFileStore
xFile.getAttribute( SN ) = 9H8R43w4q0jovI50Eh3hvbsTo5XzpJ.zip

..so the resolved path for /My Files/IniFile.zip should be D:InetpubSFTP_ServerServiceFileStore9H8R43w4q0jovI50Eh3hvbsTo5XzpJ.zip

And I know the file is there, but of course when I try to download the file, I get Response: 500 No such file because it's looking in the natural file structure place, not the Resolved place that I told it via VirtualFiles directrive.

by woddrazen, Wednesday, November 07, 2007, 19:32 (5986 days ago) @ schliefdot

Hi,

I have try to duplicate your issue but it works for me when I try to run wodFtpServer as Windows service. VirtualFile is displayed correct and I can download it without any issue.

Can you maybe zip and send us your project to techsupport@weonlydo.com so we can duplicate it on our side also?

Drazen

by schliefdot, Wednesday, November 14, 2007, 22:10 (5979 days ago) @ woddrazen

Just to finish up this thread, we discovered there was a small issue with the VirtualFile and the RESPONSE for version I was using.

The .152 release fixed it and it is working great now.