Keys not loaded or generated - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Keys not loaded or generated (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by BenGl, Friday, August 09, 2019, 21:21 (1693 days ago)

Trying to connect to a difficult SFTP server. They say their server doesn't work with WinSCP and a few other common clients, and doesn't work with PuTTy...it works with CUTE FTP and others...

I used wodKeys to make a DSA key pair. They said the public key has to use OpenSSH, so I used wodKeys.PublicKeyOpenSSH and they accepted the key.

I am able to Connect to the server, but when I try PUT a Test.txt file, I get error "Keys not loaded or generated".

Dim wodKeys As Keys
Set wodKeys = New Keys
wodKeys.Load PRIVATE_KEY_PATH
wodSFTP.Authentication = authPubkey
wodSFTP.PrivateKey = wodKeys
wodSFTP.HostName = HOST_NAME
wodSFTP.Login = LOGIN
wodSFTP.Blocking = True 'Use synchronous connections
wodSFTP.Connect

wodSFTP.PutFile "D:\\Test.txt" 'ERROR OCCURS HERE

wodSFTP.Disconnect

Keys not loaded or generated

by wodSupport, Saturday, August 10, 2019, 16:50 (1693 days ago) @ BenGl

Hi.

I suspect you actually didn't connect at all, can you double-check? What is the value of State property after Connect call? Are you able to issue ListDir, for example, or you get the same error?

Makes no sense to fail with that error on PutFile call.

Kind regards,
Jasmine.

by BenGl, Saturday, August 10, 2019, 17:12 (1693 days ago) @ wodSupport

The state after the connect is 3. Connected to server - idle

The RemoteIdentification property contains the name of their server.

I have asked them to double-check they have set up everything correctly, because it didn't make sense to me that I could connect and then get this error, unless it is a permissions issue.

I appreciate the response, and I also appreciate your products which are the only 3rd party components I use...we connect to dozens of SFTP servers and this one is the only one that has caused me problems.

by wodSupport, Saturday, August 10, 2019, 17:13 (1693 days ago) @ BenGl

Hi.

So, ListDir works? I don't understand why would PutFile fail with that error. Any chance we could connect there using your credentials to try?

Jasmine.

by BenGl, Saturday, August 10, 2019, 17:48 (1693 days ago) @ wodSupport

Sorry, forgot to try ListDir....

ListDir and ListAttributes both give the same error "Keys not loaded or generated."

I'd like to wait on giving you the credentials in case they find something wrong on their end (I'd have to do another key exchange with them because it is sensitive data). I will post back here on Monday, one way or the other.

Thanks

by BenGl, Monday, August 12, 2019, 17:55 (1691 days ago) @ BenGl

Got it to work.

I had to use a specific file extension, which they did not supply when they gave me the SFTP info.

Thanks for your kelp...