Crypto algorithm could not be negotiated - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Crypto algorithm could not be negotiated (wodFtpDLX / wodFtpDLX.NET)

by BrianG, Monday, May 23, 2016, 18:01 (2866 days ago)

I recently changed our FTP/SFTP server to a Synology NAS (Model DS115j) running DSM 6.0-7321 Update 6. I am able to connect to it using SecureFX and Core FTP, but my wodFtpDLX is giving me the error "Crypto algorithm could not be negotiated." when trying to connect. I tried a few different encryption methods but they all seem to give me the same error.
Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Crypto algorithm could not be negotiated

by Jasmine, Monday, May 23, 2016, 18:03 (2866 days ago) @ BrianG

Hi Brian.

Are you using latest version of wodFtpDLX as well?

Kind regards,
Jasmine

by BrianG, Monday, May 23, 2016, 19:34 (2866 days ago) @ Jasmine

Well, for some bizarre reason I was still using version 1.0, I upgraded to version 1.6.4.189 back in 2011 but for some reason never upgraded this particular program. I did go ahead and change it to the newer version and now get the error "Could not negotiate diffie-hellman-group1-sha1." instead. I see by another post of yours that upgrading to the newest version should take care of that. However, I'm not real keen on spending another $229 on an upgrade, do you know of any other solutions? Maybe something I can change on the server that would allow this version to connect? Thanks!

by Jasmine, Monday, May 23, 2016, 19:35 (2866 days ago) @ BrianG

Hi Brian,

I don't know what kind of server you're using, but yes, you could in theory lower down security on the server and choose crypto algorithms that were previously supported.

Jasmine.

by BrianG, Monday, May 23, 2016, 19:50 (2866 days ago) @ Jasmine

Well I found a setting on the server that allowed me to add diffie-hellman-group1-sha1, and now it gives me the error "Invalid packet type (80) received". I see yet another of your posts responding to someone with that error and you told him to upgrade....I'm guessing that's what you're going to tell me too? :-(

by Jasmine, Monday, May 23, 2016, 19:51 (2866 days ago) @ BrianG

Hi Brian.

I don't know :) But we can't provide support for old versions. If there's something to fix - perhaps it's already fixed.. Or latest version needs to be fixed.

So, well.. Yes.. Not much we can do with it...

Jasmine.

by BrianG, Monday, May 23, 2016, 19:56 (2866 days ago) @ Jasmine

Ok, thanks very much for your help, I certainly appreciate the promptness, if not the message! Guess I better break into the piggy-bank...

by Jasmine, Monday, May 23, 2016, 20:02 (2866 days ago) @ BrianG

Hi Brian,

please send email to techsupport - at - weonlydo.com related to this issue.

Kind regards,
Jasmine.

by Chris Boksznaider, Thursday, June 30, 2016, 11:31 (2828 days ago) @ Jasmine

Hi everybody,

can you tell me if there is a fix or any solution for that problem? Since monday I get the same error trying to connect to one (out of approx. 100) server.

thx
Chris

by Jasmine, Thursday, June 30, 2016, 11:56 (2828 days ago) @ Chris Boksznaider

Hi Chris,

what component exactly are you using, and what version?

This is not a bug - it simply means that client and server could not negotiate common algorithm(s) to use for connection. We introduced new algorithms in recent versions of our components, but we need to know exactly which ones are you using.

Kind regards,
Jasmine.