Connect() is throwing "Could not negotiate" exception - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Connect() is throwing "Could not negotiate" exception (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by jja, Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 22:54 (3291 days ago)

I'm running a test in C# & Visual Studio 10, and am attempting to connect to a remote SFTP site. I can connect fine with FileZilla. However, when stepping through debugger and using the WeOnlyDo.Client.FTP.dll, I'm seeing the following error when executing the FtpDLX::Connect() call.

WeOnlyDo.Exceptions.FtpDLX.ProtocolException: Could not negotiate diffie-hellman-group1-sha1.

I've confirmed the FtpDLX properties have been initialized as desired. Any thoughts as to what might be causing this error? Much thanks!!

Connect() is throwing "Could not negotiate" exception

by Jasmine, Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 22:57 (3291 days ago) @ jja

Hi Jja.

I think you're using older version of wodFtpDLX.NET. We don't have such exception anymore, and diffie-hellman-group-14-sha1 was added on February 2015

http://www.weonlydo.com/FtpDLX.NET/ftp-sftp-ssl-net.asp?rnotes=1

so, I believe simple update will fix your problem.

Best regards,
Jasmine.

by jja, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 21:54 (3290 days ago) @ Jasmine

Thanks Jasmine! Looks like that's resolved my problem. I've noticed the "LicenseKey" property is no longer valid with this newer version of the FtpDlx class. Would you confirm? Thanks!

by Jasmine, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 21:56 (3290 days ago) @ jja

Hi.

LicenseKey is there, but you probably downloaded DEMO from our website. If you're licensed customer, you should request update from our website at

http://www.weonlydo.com/index.asp?update=1

and obtain it through our customer support system.

Kind regards,
Jasmine.

by jja, Friday, March 27, 2015, 14:14 (3290 days ago) @ Jasmine

Excellent! Thanks for your quick help Jasmine!