paid license expired - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

paid license expired (wodXMPP)

by rahul, Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 07:51 (4350 days ago)

I have 1 Developer license bought in 2009 .

when I try to open old projects, dll unregisters itself, ocx is not usable in design time enviroment.

I do not want to upgrade, it is just to recompile old application.

Re: paid license expired

by woddrazen, Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 09:12 (4350 days ago) @ rahul

Hi Rahul,

Please try to reinstall component using our installer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Drazen

by rahulsoni, Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 14:23 (4350 days ago) @ woddrazen

I see You must have a license to use this activex control

I have tried everything.

reinstalled windows 7 32 & 64 bit both tried.

even in sample apps I get the same error, so there is no questions of versioning.

It worked only on a windows XP, 32 when I changed the system date to 2009 ( weird?). from where if I distribute the app, the app crashes on target.

Hi Rahul,

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Drazen

by rahulsoni, Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 14:25 (4350 days ago) @ rahulsoni

And Yes, I reinstalled with setup on windows7 .
what I did was , I ran the setup of my distribution application first on those computers to install the right version. but removing them and installing with wodxmpp setup didn't help.

I see You must have a license to use this activex control

I have tried everything.

reinstalled windows 7 32 & 64 bit both tried.

even in sample apps I get the same error, so there is no questions of versioning.

It worked only on a windows XP, 32 when I changed the system date to 2009 ( weird?). from where if I distribute the app, the app crashes on target.

Hi Rahul,

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Drazen

by woddrazen, Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:09 (4350 days ago) @ rahulsoni

Rahul,

Most probably you are using much old version of wodXMPP that doesn't work with Windows 7.

Drazen

by rahulsoni, Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 17:21 (4350 days ago) @ woddrazen

I am not buying upgrade.

what is the latest version that is supposed to work ?

I can work on xp, but are you sure the distributed ocx and dll will work ?

Rahul,

Most probably you are using much old version of wodXMPP that doesn't work with Windows 7.

Drazen

by wodDamir, Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 17:30 (4350 days ago) @ rahulsoni

Rahul,

The latest version is 1.4.9. The latest binaries will work on any system later then XP.

However, when distributing the component, please make sure that you use the licensed version since trial won't work (can't be distributed).

Regards,
Damba

by rahulsoni, Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 18:58 (4350 days ago) @ wodDamir

I have 4.1 latest 2010 Jan. I developed my softwares on vista using mostly dll . Technically, the problem is in my purchased version,it was always there, I just didn't used the ocx in those days.

It just worked with dll on win7 32.
The ocx is not going to work on vista and windows 7,that is for sure.
so, either I should get the fix Or I fall back to dll .

I would consider other commercial / open source components rather than upgrading this because I had few more issues, not serious though.

Rahul,

The latest version is 1.4.9. The latest binaries will work on any system later then XP.

However, when distributing the component, please make sure that you use the licensed version since trial won't work (can't be distributed).

Regards,
Damba

by wodDamir, Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 19:17 (4350 days ago) @ rahulsoni

Rahul,

There's no difference in functionalities between the .dll and .ocx, apart from the .ocx having a GUI.

As for the .ocx not working on Vista / Win7, I don't see why it wouldn't work. The only imperative is that you run your development environment with Admin privileges when placing the control on the form. Also, registering the .ocx / .dll needs to be done with admin privileges as well.

I'm not sure what other issues you had, but you can always contact us for help.

Regards,
Damba

by rahulsoni, Thursday, May 24, 2012, 04:25 (4349 days ago) @ wodDamir

The bad part is, distributed application has also to be run as administrator, I run the app.exe on same computer and it crashed.
Please suggest a solution.

Rahul,

There's no difference in functionalities between the .dll and .ocx, apart from the .ocx having a GUI.

As for the .ocx not working on Vista / Win7, I don't see why it wouldn't work. The only imperative is that you run your development environment with Admin privileges when placing the control on the form. Also, registering the .ocx / .dll needs to be done with admin privileges as well.

I'm not sure what other issues you had, but you can always contact us for help.

Regards,
Damba

by wodDamir, Thursday, May 24, 2012, 09:03 (4349 days ago) @ rahulsoni

Rahul,

Which version are you using now, the .ocx or .dll?

None of them need to be run as Administrator, only registered. The administrator part is required with .ocx because licensing information is retrieved from registry when placing the control on form. This is not required by .dll since it has LicenseKey property which voids this.

Regards,
Damba

by rahulsoni, Thursday, May 24, 2012, 16:09 (4349 days ago) @ wodDamir

http://join.me/587-472-035 remote desktop

Rahul,

None of them need to be run as Administrator, only registered. The administrator part is required with .ocx because licensing information is retrieved from registry when placing the control on form. This is not required by .dll since it has LicenseKey property which voids this.

Regards,
Damba

by rahulsoni, Thursday, May 24, 2012, 16:16 (4349 days ago) @ rahulsoni

https://join.me/587-472-035

you can see latest version I have (setup) on desktop .
pc is all yours to test anything for next few hours.

Rahul,

Regards,
Damba

[/quote]

by woddrazen, Thursday, May 24, 2012, 16:34 (4349 days ago) @ rahulsoni

Rahul,

Can you maybe send us your application? So we can run it and debug it on our side.

Probably we will duplicate same issue on your machine but it's hard to debug this remotely.

Drazen

by rahulsoni, Thursday, May 24, 2012, 18:35 (4349 days ago) @ woddrazen

the one under test is your own sample application,unmodified.

run the exe here by dbl clicking , on my pc to reproduce the error.

C:UsersglassAppDataLocalWeOnlyDoSampleswodXMPPC#3. ActiveX GUIinDebug

I have made the application to build. problem is distribution exe will crash even though activex is registered.

Problem Signature 09: System.ComponentModel.License

Rahul,

Can you maybe send us your application? So we can run it and debug it on our side.

Probably we will duplicate same issue on your machine but it's hard to debug this remotely.

Drazen

by woddrazen, Thursday, May 24, 2012, 18:36 (4349 days ago) @ rahulsoni

Rahul,

Please send us your application source and exe you are using for distribution to techsupport@weonlydo.com

Drazen