how to send LF? - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

how to send LF? (wodTelnetDLX)

by Eugen, Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 06:43 (5271 days ago)

How can I send LF and not be interpreted as a end-command ?

I need to send some text over Telnet to a Wireless Manager (to fill a description field) and the text involves several LF; the problem is - it will be truncated according to these LF's.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,

Re: how to send LF?

by woddrazen, Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 09:08 (5271 days ago) @ Eugen

Hi Eugen,

Which programming language you are using?

Did you try to send LF inside quote? Like other text.

Regards,
Drazen

by Eugen, Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 23:01 (5270 days ago) @ woddrazen

Hello Drazen,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately sending the LF inside quotes makes it to be treated as a regular string so my problem still stands.
I am using AutoIt.

I've been thinking that maybe there is something like an escape character which tells TelnetDLX to not see that character as an end of line but to effectively send it.
I'm afraid that at this moment TelnetDLX is not able to handle it, can it please be considered for a future enhancement?

Thank you,

by wodDamir, Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 23:13 (5270 days ago) @ Eugen

Eugen,

How would you accomplish this in some other client? (i.e. Putty)?

If LF is interpreted by server as an end of line , then I don't think that's what you actually need to send in this case.

Regards,
Damba

by Eugen, Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 23:26 (5270 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hello Damba,

Thanks for answering my question.

My bad, I assumed that TelnetDLX was interpreting the LF as a command to send the string to the server and that generated the error - I was wrong.
You are right to say that the server is the one doing this; in this case what I want to accomplish is impossible.

Thank you very much for your help and I apologize for wasting your time - I'll do a little more research next time [:doh:]