KeyManager FileNotFoundException; 64-bit & Visual - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

KeyManager FileNotFoundException; 64-bit & Visual (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by Bram, Monday, February 09, 2009, 14:40 (5545 days ago)

We are using VS.NET 2008 C# on 64-bit servers for a SharePoint project. The VS.NET project is targeted at .NET framework 2.0 due to SharePoint development.

When using the 'old' version of WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP component (v. 3.0.5.32) together with WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager (v. 1.0.3.14) we got errors: System.BadImageFormatException: is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1) .

We tried the new version WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP (v. 3.3.1.75) and WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager (v. 2.0.1.18) (public download). After compiling and running the code we get an error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager, Version=2.0.1.18, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=900ddd6a51580424' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager, Version=2.0.1.18, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=900ddd6a51580424'

We tried multiple development boxes, but all got the same problem. After searching the support pages we copied the MSVCR71.dll in C:WindowsSystem32 . But this didn't solve the problem.

Hope someone can help us?

Many thanks, Bram

Re: KeyManager FileNotFoundException; 64-bit & Vis

by woddrazen, Monday, February 09, 2009, 15:56 (5545 days ago) @ Bram

Hi Bram,

Do you have maybe MSVCR80.DLL on your computer?

wodKeyManager.NET depends on that library file.

Can you please also just for test check what happened when you recompile your app but change your configuration from 'Any CPU' to 'x86' in your project Advanced Compile Options.

So you force it to run 32bit even on 64bit systems.

Regards,
Drazen

by Peter, Thursday, February 12, 2009, 12:21 (5542 days ago) @ woddrazen

Hi Drazen,

I'm within the same team as Bram and I'm also looking at this problem.

We do have the file MSVCR80.DLL but we keep getting errors. Our SharePoint environments runs on x64 dll files and setting our current project to x86 will give us errors that the files cannot be found. It looks like we have the same problem with the WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager. I get the message:

[code]
Could not load file or assembly 'WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. [/code]

When I look at the dll within the GAC I see the KeyManager is build for x86 processors. Do you have a test dll build for all processors (MSIL)?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Peter

by wodDamir, Thursday, February 12, 2009, 12:30 (5542 days ago) @ Peter

Hi Peter,

What environment are you using the component in, what type is your project (ASP.Net, Windows application)?

Also, is this occuring on your machine where the component is installed or when you try to distribute the component?

Basically, what Drazen suggested should work.

Are you our registered customer? We can try recompiling the components for 64-bit environment.

Regards,
Damab

by Peter, Thursday, February 12, 2009, 12:53 (5542 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hi Damab,

We are using the component within a Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 solution. The OS we are using is Microsoft Windows 2003 Enterprise X64 Edition.

We first tried the component within a Forms application on a 32bit server, which worked fine, but now we are running into problems that the dll cannot be loaded.

We are working with a registered file (we do have a key and serial) and we are working on an upgrade of a system, which will be running on the 64bit architecture.

Regards,

Peter

by wodDamir, Thursday, February 12, 2009, 13:07 (5542 days ago) @ Peter

Peter,

I'll have to see with our developers to try and re-compile the components for 64-bit environment.

We will inform you as soon as we know more.

regards,
Damba

by wodSupport, Saturday, February 14, 2009, 00:34 (5540 days ago) @ wodDamir

Peter,

I have prepared 64bit versions for you. Please send email to techsupport so ticket is created, and I will send you those files as a reply.

Regards,
Kreso

by mamu_t, Wednesday, April 06, 2011, 07:38 (4759 days ago) @ wodSupport

hello,

I think a have the same problem on a Windows 2008 R2 Server. But i have the newest versions of ssh.net and sftp.net. The error message is: Could not load file or assembly 'WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager, Version=2.0.3.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=900ddd6a51580424' or one of its dependencies.
On a 32bit system works without errors.

Is this the same problem?
thx for your help

Regards,
Markus

by woddrazen, Wednesday, April 06, 2011, 09:13 (4759 days ago) @ mamu_t

Hi Markus,

What happens if you compile your project that is using wodKeyManager.NET as 32bit project?

Does that help maybe?

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

by mamu_t, Wednesday, April 06, 2011, 10:04 (4759 days ago) @ woddrazen

Hi Drazen,

yes as 32bit works fine. But my other 64bit drivers dosen´t work.

Regards,
Markus

by woddrazen, Wednesday, April 06, 2011, 10:14 (4759 days ago) @ mamu_t

Markus,

If you wish we can send you 64bit version of wodKeyManager.NET.

However, you need to send us email to techsupport@weonlydo.com

Drazen

by Frank, Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 16:03 (4704 days ago) @ woddrazen

Hello,

I think I have the same problem. Here is a part of the error I got :

[BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +416
System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +166
System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +35
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +190

The deployment is performed over a Windows 2003 x64 server. My version of KeyManager is 2.0.3.20. Do I need a recompile version ? Note that I can't make my project Win32, it must run in x64.

I am currently using a Trial version so I may ensure that the solution works well for us before buying the whole thing.

Thanks in advance
Frank

by woddrazen, Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 16:11 (4704 days ago) @ Frank

Hi Frank,

Can you please send us email to techsupport@weonlydo.com

We can send you there 64bit version of wodKeyManager.NET.

Regards,
Drazen