Using SSH control in a webpage - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Using SSH control in a webpage (wodSSH / wodSSH.NET)

by sah7001, Friday, November 02, 2007, 17:54 (6017 days ago)

I am using a licensed copy of the ssh component in a web page usin the sample code as a base. It works fine from my machine (where the control was installed after we purchased it.)

If I access the web page from another computer, I get the error
Object doesn't support this property or method

The object is defined as
<OBJECT id=wodSSH1 style= LEFT: 0px; TOP: 0px data=data:application/x-oleobject;base64,ZLn1Cb/Im06p27zpMVH+HgADAAAIAAIAAAAAAAMAFwAAAAMAAQAAAAIAeAALAAAACAACAAAAAAAIAAIAAAAAAAgAAgAAAAAAAwAAAAAACAACAAAAAAADAAAAAAAIABQAAAAxADIANwAuADAALgAwAC4AMQAAAAsA//8=
classid=clsid:09F5B964-C8BF-4E9B-A9DB-BCE93151FE1E VIEWASTEXT></OBJECT>

The code is
CReturn = String.fromCharCode(13);

wodSSH1.LicenseKey = '####-####-####-####';
wodSSH1.Hostname = '137.150.248.205';
wodSSH1.Login = 'login';
wodSSH1.Password = 'Password';
wodSSH1.Blocking = true;
wodSSH1.Protocol = 4;
wodSSH1.Connect();
wodSSH1.Send('stuf'+ CReturn );
. . .

Re: Using SSH control in a webpage

by wodDamir, Friday, November 02, 2007, 18:14 (6017 days ago) @ sah7001

Hi,

You are most probably using a Demo version which doesn't have LicenseKey Property. Can you check what does Version Property return?

Also, did the install program ask you to input the License key provided by us in the process of the installation?

Regards,
Damba

by sha7001, Friday, November 02, 2007, 18:33 (6017 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hi,

You are most probably using a Demo version which doesn't have LicenseKey Property. Can you check what does Version Property return?

Also, did the install program ask you to input the License key provided by us in the process of the installation?

Regards,
Damba

Hi

The current version is 2.6.4.68. I just updated it yesterday. When I did the update it did not prompt me for the license key. I did install the eval copy first and then we bought it and I updated the file. I believe it asked me for the key but I am not 100 sure.

Can I uninstall and then reinstall the latest to input the key?

Thanks

by wodDamir, Friday, November 02, 2007, 18:37 (6017 days ago) @ sha7001

Hi,

Actually, I would suggest that you try re-installing it, but first do the complete uninstall (make sure there are no leftovers).

Also, can you try the same using our saple which comes with the component? Just set the LicenseKey Property and try it that way?

Regards,
Damba

by sha7001, Friday, November 02, 2007, 19:39 (6017 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hi,

Actually, I would suggest that you try re-installing it, but first do the complete uninstall (make sure there are no leftovers).

Also, can you try the same using our saple which comes with the component? Just set the LicenseKey Property and try it that way?

Regards,
Damba

by sha7001, Friday, November 02, 2007, 19:41 (6017 days ago) @ sha7001

Hi,

Regards,
Damba

OK, I reinstalled it on my computer (the developer pc) and the web page works fine, just as it did before. When I go to a second pc and access the web page I still get the error. Do I need to install the control w/license on each PC?

Shouldn't the user, based on his ecurity settings, be prompted to install the control/com?

I think I am missing something here. . .

Thanks for the help,
Sah7001

by wodDamir, Friday, November 02, 2007, 20:01 (6017 days ago) @ sha7001

Hi,

You shouldn't have to install the component on each computer. That's why we have LicenseKey Property in the first place.

Can you send us a sample to techsupport@weonlydo.com ?

We'll check it out.

Regards,
Damba

by sha7001, Friday, November 02, 2007, 20:27 (6017 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hi,

You shouldn't have to install the component on each computer. That's why we have LicenseKey Property in the first place.

Can you send us a sample to techsupport@weonlydo.com ?

We'll check it out.

Regards,
Damba

Before I send a sample a quick clrification: The web server and developer pc are two different units. So the server does not know about the control. Does this make a difference?

Shawn

by wodDamir, Friday, November 02, 2007, 21:02 (6017 days ago) @ sha7001

Hi,

Actually, in order for the component to work that way, the server which will server the page to the client, has to have the control installed.

Can you try that?

Regards,
Damba

by sha7001, Friday, November 02, 2007, 21:11 (6017 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hi,

Actually, in order for the component to work that way, the server which will server the page to the client, has to have the control installed.

Can you try that?

Regards,
Damba

The web server is a unix box so the controlcan not be instaled .
I take it this will be a small problem. . .

Shawn

by wodDamir, Friday, November 02, 2007, 21:17 (6017 days ago) @ sha7001

Hi,

What environment are you using? ASP or plain HTML?

I believe HTML should work. You can check for instructions how to implement it in a HTML page, like this:

http://www.weonlydo.com/TelnetDLX/Help/GettingStarted_HTML.html

This is a tutorial for one of our other components, but the same procedure should work for wodSSH activeX too.

Can you try those?

Regards,
Damba

by sha7001, Friday, November 02, 2007, 23:26 (6016 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hi,

What environment are you using? ASP or plain HTML?

I believe HTML should work. You can check for instructions how to implement it in a HTML page, like this:

http://www.weonlydo.com/TelnetDLX/Help/GettingStarted_HTML.html

This is a tutorial for one of our other components, but the same procedure should work for wodSSH activeX too.

Can you try those?

Regards,
Damba

Hello,

Using the GettingStarted guide created a test.php file. I still recive the error. This is what I did

1) created a file named wodSSH.inf

[version]
signature= $CHICAGO$
AdvancedINF=2.0

[Add.Code]
wodSSH.ocx=wodSSH.ocx

[wodSSH.ocx]
file-win32-x86=thiscab
RegisterServer=yes
clsid={09F5B964-C8BF-4E9B-A9DB-BCE93151FE1E}
DestDir=
FileVersion=2.4.6.68

** I change the class id to the one found in the sample html file for the wodSSH control. The sample on the web pages used commas to seperate the file version. I used . because that was how it was list in the properties.

2) I downloaded the cab creator and the License creator programs.

3) I copied everything into the same directory including the wodSSH.ocx control.

4) I created the cab file with the command
cabarc n wodSSH.cab wodSSH.inf wodSSH.ocx

5) created a lpk file (wodSSH.lpk) with just the wodSSH control.

6) Copied the files wodSSH.cab, wodSSH.lpk & wodSSH.inf to the directory where my test.php file resides and changed the permissions to 644.

Added this code to test.php

<object classid= clsid:5220cb21-c88d-11cf-b347-00aa00a28331 viewastext>
<param name= LPKPath value= wodSSH1.lpk >
</object>

<object name= wodSSH1
classid= clsid:09F5B964-C8BF-4E9B-A9DB-BCE93151FE1E codebase= wodSSH1.cab#version=2.4.6.68 >
</object>

Any thought on what I missed? I am not sure what classID should be used. . .

Shawn

Shawn

by wodDamir, Friday, November 02, 2007, 23:52 (6016 days ago) @ sha7001

Shawn,

Are you sure that you aren't distributing the Demo version?

The error you presented is thrown when the object doesn't support some Property which is being accessed.

Can you trace the error to the exact line where it is being thrown? The process you made in creating the .cab file is right, so it should be ok, as long as the file being distributed is Full version (licensed).

Can you also check if the version that is installed on the second machine (where it is failing to work) is not Demo (you can check the version).

If none of those succeed, can you please send us a sample? We need to duplicate the issue on our side in some way.

Regards,
Damba