weonlydo.security.cryptography.keymanager - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

weonlydo.security.cryptography.keymanager (General questions)

by Dan, Friday, August 06, 2004, 12:17 (7197 days ago)

The example code : TreeView pubkey CS sample does not seem to work. On selecting button3_Click event the error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in system.windows.forms.dll

Additional information: File or assembly name WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

is thrown. The weonlydo.security.cryptography.keymanager refrence is added.

We are using C#, with Visual Studio 2003 and version 1.1 of the .Net Framework.

Regards

Daniel Clegg
Caudwell Communications

Re: weonlydo.security.cryptography.keymanager

by wodSupport, Friday, August 06, 2004, 12:35 (7196 days ago) @ Dan

Dan,

wodKeyManager was compiled with NET1.0 and it still has dependency on msvcrt70.dll. NET 1.1 is shipped with msvcrt71.dll if I'm correct - this is why error is shown.

Quick workaround: please download also wodSSH.NET product. It is compiled with NET1.1 and contains wodKeyManager with NET1.1 - new wodKeyManager from that package will overwrite current one and you will get no more errors.

Or, I can recompile wodKeyManager in NET1.1 for you and send it over email, please let me know what is more convinient for you.

Best regards,
Kreso

by sans, Monday, October 18, 2004, 09:14 (7124 days ago) @ wodSupport

Dear Technical Support,
We face same problem in .net 1.1 runtime, could you please let me know the version of sftp.net which has msvcrt71.dll.
we currently use 2.0.1.9
Regards
sans

Dan,

wodKeyManager was compiled with NET1.0 and it still has dependency on msvcrt70.dll. NET 1.1 is shipped with msvcrt71.dll if I'm correct - this is why error is shown.

Quick workaround: please download also wodSSH.NET product. It is compiled with NET1.1 and contains wodKeyManager with NET1.1 - new wodKeyManager from that package will overwrite current one and you will get no more errors.

Or, I can recompile wodKeyManager in NET1.1 for you and send it over email, please let me know what is more convinient for you.

Best regards,
Kreso

by sans, Monday, October 18, 2004, 10:09 (7124 days ago) @ sans

We have licensed copy of SFTP.net using it for ASP.NET application. We deployed following dlls under /bin directory and created reference the same.

WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP.dll
WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager.dll

[It works fine when we install the complete suite in the production server. But we need only the runtime alone deployed i.e. to be placed under /bin directory and use it for transfering files to remote server]

Version: 2.0.1.9

Problem faced on runtime component usage:
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: File or assembly name WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:
<add assembly= System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a />
<add assembly= System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a />
<add assembly= * />
</assemblies>
</compilation>

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///E:/eZPortal/eZClean
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/ezportal/06a31a84/3eec4b07/WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/ezportal/06a31a84/3eec4b07/WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager/WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/eZPortal/eZClean/bin/WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager.DLL.
LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file (C:WINNTMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322aspnet.config).
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:WINNTMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322configmachine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager, Version=1.0.0.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=900ddd6a51580424

Dear Technical Support,
We face same problem in .net 1.1 runtime, could you please let me know the version of sftp.net which has msvcrt71.dll.
we currently use 2.0.1.9
Regards
sans

by wodSupport, Monday, October 18, 2004, 13:02 (7123 days ago) @ sans

Sans,

for some time wodSFTP.NET ships also with wodKeyManager built for NET 1.1. Before we try anything else, can you please download and update your version of wodSFTP.NET package (and wodKeyManager inside) to current? If problem persists - then we'll jump to finding solution to fix your problem.

Regards.

by sans, Tuesday, October 26, 2004, 11:33 (7116 days ago) @ wodSupport

We have licensed wodsftp 2.0.2.1, It is giving error when I try to use runtime dlls alone without installation.
(References to the runtime components is there in the project)

1st of all is that possible to use runtime dll alone? are they checking registry for license

Error:
An instance of type 'WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP' was being created, and a valid license could not be granted for the type 'WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP'. Please, contact the manufacturer of the component for more information

Regards
sans

by wodSupport, Tuesday, October 26, 2004, 13:52 (7115 days ago) @ sans

Sans,

this sounds like a different problem. Did you set LicenseKey property?