How to initialize the static Lib version of the WodVPN? - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

How to initialize the static Lib version of the WodVPN? (General questions)

by ardar, Sunday, May 08, 2016, 20:52 (2882 days ago)

i purchased the source code and found that there is a project WIN32LIB, it is using to compile a LIB version of the WODVPN, i wish to use this one to integrate to my program so i don't need to deploy the ActiveX component, only deploy the exe is better.
After check the source code i saw many VPN_XXXXX apis in the Win32LIB.h, and try to use the

_VPN_LibInit(HINSTANCE hInst)
_VPN_SetSocketLibrary(HINSTANCE hInst)
_VPN_Create(VPNEventsStruct * events);

to initialize the WodVPN, but i don't know how to pass the parameter of HINSTANCE hInst. what structure should be passed to this parameter and is it anything need to be aware. because i just simply pass the empty INSTANCE struct to it, the code can be compiled succeesful but when executing, it failed in the inside of WodVPN lib, saids the hInst is not correct.

thank you very much.

How to initialize the static Lib version of the WodVPN?

by Jasmine, Sunday, May 08, 2016, 20:55 (2882 days ago) @ ardar

Hi.

Static version is not officially supported, we only support precompiled DLL. I'm not saying you can't use it, but we do not provide support for it.

Most of the LIB source was made internally for Wippien only, and I don't think it's maintained anymore.

HINSTANCE is argument from WinMain - if you really want to go this route, but I suggest you use our official DLL.

Kind regards,
Jasmine.

by ardar, Sunday, May 08, 2016, 21:06 (2882 days ago) @ Jasmine

thank you for replying, i got that, but i also like to have a try, if it is not working i will use the activeX version. so i have another question,
the function:

_VPN_LibInit(hInst) 

this above should be using the app's m_hInstance, but how about the

_VPN_SetSocketLibrary(hInst), 

also can pass the program's m_hInstance to it?

thank you.

by Jasmine, Sunday, May 08, 2016, 22:33 (2882 days ago) @ ardar

Hi.

I tried to explain we cannot help with LIB version, so please do not ask for further questions about it. We can remove it from the distribution if that will help :)

We can provide support only for official DLL, in binary form, as our licensing agreement states.

To answer only this last question - do not use SetSocketLibrary at all. You don't need external socket library.

Jasmine.