Implements client side operation for SFTP protocol.
For a list of all members of this type, see SFTP Members.
Public Class SFTP
Implements IComponent, IDisposable
public class SFTP : Component, IComponent, IDisposable
The Secure File Transfer Protocol provides secure file transfer functionality over any reliable data stream, SSH in this case. It is the standard file transfer protocol for use with the SSH2 protocol. wodSFTP.NET component implements client side of this protocol which is reliable and easy to use.
SFTP protocol is designed to provide primarily file transfer, but also more general file system access on the remote server - in secure manner. SFTP protocol assumes it is running on secure channel (secure channel is implemented in wodSFTP.NET), thus no plaintext passwords or file information is exposed to the network.
wodSFTP.NET supports the most important PutFile (for file uploading) and GetFile (for file downloading) methods, but also
- PutFiles, GetFiles, DeleteFiles and LoopFiles for recursive file access,
- RemoteRead and RemoteWrite to access raw file data on the server,
- MakeDir and RemoveDir to create and delete directories,
- DeleteFile to delete file on the server,
- ListItems event to list files in some directory on remote server,
- GetAttributes and SetAttributes to retrieve and set attributes for the file or directory,
- Resume property to resume broken transfers,
- Blocking mode to execute methods and wait until they are completed.
- Password and PrivateKey properties that determine type of authentication with the server
- ASCII and Binary file transfers to handle different data types....
- Done event that is fired when executed method is completed - a perfect place to initiate new command...
wodSFTP.NET is tested and works great with all OpenSSH versions, as well as SSH (from SSH Communications Security Corp.) which are most common on today's servers, but has been also tested on others too. Different server implementations handle some sftp features differently (for example, some add / to the end of each directory name) but wodSFTP.NET has no problems with those. If there is a problem - we will fix it or add certain feature on your request.
Provided samples will guide you how to take full power of our best selling component.
Namespace: WeOnlyDo.Client Namespace